Sunday, May 07, 2006

7 Things...All Day Every Day

I was thinking in the middle of Saturday night service that Tom should send an email reminder to the church to do their lists of "7 Things To Do, All Day Every Day." He won't, but he should.

But I can. So here's your reminder. Maybe if you're brave, you'll post it as a comment even. In an attempt to gain control of the "CHAIROTICA" of your life, if you had to do only seven things a day, every day for the rest of your life, what would they be?

Also, another question for you guys and gals... Tom said in his message this weekend that the four parts to a godly Sabbath were (let's see if I can remember this without the notes in front of me, so I'm totally paraphrasing)...

1. worship (through music??)
2. contemplation and comparison of the Lord's greatness??
3. uninhibited play (that's really the one I remember)
4. uh...considering areas of growth and flourishing?

In order to ask the next question, someone will need to help me clarify those four areas... but...

which of those four areas do you need to rest in more often on your Sabbath? Which is the easiest for you? AND WHY? is there something we can do to help? is there something we're doing to get in the way? How goes your Sabbath these days?

3 comments:

Craig said...

You and Cristi are taxing my brain. I think one of you should lead a group one night.


You know I always find it difficult to do all four in a 24 hour period. There has been times of tremendous intimacy with God and I have grown so much in those times of prayer and fasting but I am not sure I have ever truly experienced all four of these dynamics during those periods. I have experienced each of these in very meaningful ways separately and sometimes with a couple of these in the same time period but I can't recall a times when I experienced them fully together. At least not on a very deep level. I have pondered them together. The funny thing is as I was writing this it came to mind that the closest I ave come to this is in some of our uninhibited play as a group. If you were to ask me prior to this very moment the play time would have fallen to last place. I realize that many times when we are just "hanging" out that personally and corporately it turns into something very special. I have sat there wondering if this isn't a picture of what heaven might look like someday. Then someone in the group will ask a theological question or a What do you think/ what would you do question and then we start thinking along those terms all the while keeping the playfullness that we had established. Those times are so freeing for me and so awesome.


As far as clrifying those four areas..... that is better left to someone else.



Observing the sabbath is such a personal thing to do but not necessarily a private thing to do. I don't know how to answer you last set of questions? I really don't. I have never thought of it in those terms.

Craig said...

WOW. I just reread my comments. Good luck following my train of thought. Also I think I am throwing this keyboard out the window, I am blaming it for all the spelling/grammar mistakes. I guess if I were smart, and we all know I am, then I would preview my comments before publishing them and I could correct the mistakes then.


I think I have A.D.H.D.

Angie said...

Craig -

I agree.

On both posts.

Angie