Monday, January 08, 2007

James and Blankets

"But are you willing to recognize, you foolish fellow, that faith without works is useless?"
-James 2:20


To that end, we passed out blankets to men who had set up makeshift camps down by the Scioto. I hesitate to call them "homeless" because they had homes - as nontraditional as they may have been. They were very gratefull to receive; especially on a cold andrainy January afternoon.

Special thanks are due, I think, to Rick and Barb for making it all happen.

For next homegroup, read James 3:1-12.

3 comments:

Craig said...

Robert thanks for the post. I want to also thank Rick and Barb for putting this together. I also want to take the time to thank everyone that was able to make it. You all are a encouragement to me every time I am around you.

Please also read versus 12-24 of chapter 3 in James. Thank you Robert for posting that. As most of you know I am only able to check my e-mail once a week right now and I don't have a lot of time to do that since I am checking it from my 2nd job.

I am going to ask something of those of you that are still checking in. For the benefit of those that aren't able to make it to home group everytime. Could you please post a few thoughts and points from James up to this point. Just anything that might have made a impact on you. Thanks and I hope to be able to check in more often in the near future.

Yes, that Cristi said...

yes, for those people (ahem) who cant make it every week and dont want to ditch thier friends, or be left out when they return........not that I know anyone like that. :)

Craig said...

Ok I don't know what I was thinking. Obviously I wasn't. You can't read James 3:12-24 because there is no 19-24. So please go with Roberts original post and if you get a chance read the remainder of chapter 3.

I don't think my brain is functioning correctly. Things seems to be melting together. Aspects of many thoughts are melding into one. That's my excuse for the mistake.