Thursday, March 15, 2007

Please Excuse....

To explain my absence from the most previous homegroup, I have submitted the following letter. Everyone else who missed is on his or her own, including Angie.

Dear LGHG,

Please excuse Robert Meeker from home group. He was not feeling well that evening. I believe he may have had a non-lethal form of the plague. I was afraid to take him to the doctor, so I can't be sure. I felt that it would be unwise to take the plague (should it have been the plague, of course) to a doctor's office. I am sure you understand.
He drank an overload of Vitamin C for three days and is feeling much better now, although he is very tired. This fatigue is not related to the plague. Rest assured. He is just not sleeping well as he has found TV on the internet and prefers to do dishes at 4 am rather than sleeping. But that's his problem not yours.
He is pleased to announce that he will begin a new job on Tuesday and is looking forward to sharing those details with you all at the next home group meeting. You can give him a call or stop by his house if you would prefer to chat in the mean time. We all know he's just sitting around bored.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Robert's Mom

P.S. - Craig, Angie and/or Brandi, if you ask me directly about this
letter, I will disavow all knowledge of ever writing it.

2 comments:

Craig said...

Robert I think you forget I see your Mom everyday and I KNOW she wouldn't lie to me, not even for you.

Anonymous said...

Boy - u a grown man, an u lyin about ur momma writin sick notes for you?