Friday, February 10, 2006

Do you want to be a blessing to someone?

Hi group,


I received a e-mail from the church that the Toths and the Joellenbecks have asked for some items in hopes that we as a church would be able to provide for them. As some of you know we are sending a team to Brazil in March and we are hoping to have the items needed by Friday March 3rd so that we can send them with the team. I signed us up for the purchase of 5 bottles of Multipurpose Solution for contacts (Equate brand- you get at Walmart). I need 5 volunteers to provide 1 bottle each and bring it to the home group next Wednesday. So the first 5 that respond will be able to bless both the Joellenbacks and the Toths. I only need one bottle a piece from 5 different people. If the church still needs more items then I will pass that information along to you. Right now other home groups are getting the opportunity to bless our missionaries by purchasing or supplying other needed items. Please respond either to this Blog post or to the e-mail I sent out a few minutes ago so I know where we stand. God bless you and thank you for your service to the Lord.

8 comments:

Craig said...

Thanks Joel and Barb. We only need three more bottles.

Brandi said...

I can bring one!

Anonymous said...

Yes I would love to bless someone! I am going to Walmart tonight after work so I will buy it then. So that makes three.

Craig said...

Hey group,

I want to thank all of you for such a great response. I talked with Linda Orem and she asked if it was possible to supply 10 bottles thru our Home group and I told her that this group of people are the best in the world and I am sure we could provide the 10 bottles. We are already half way there.


So far:

Joel-1
Barb-1
Brandi-1
Brandy-1
Craig-1

I am sure the others will want to contribute as soon as they are aware of the situation. I want to thank you all for making it so easy to be your Home Group Leader!!!

Craig said...

PICK US, PICK US!!!!

We would absolutely love to pray for that. Maybe I can encourage others to fast a meal or two on that day with me in preparation for that. Please let me know when the BBQ will be and I will plan a fast around that time.

Keep us posted on anything else you might need or how we can be praying specifically for each of you.

Brandi said...

Fasting while a BBQ is going on in Brazil?! I am totally in. I am so excited to be in this homegroup! Thanks Craig, Brandy and Megan for the invite. Wow, are we going to have a good time in Nicaragua or what!

Anonymous said...

we can buy 2- gina

Craig said...

Gina welcome aboard!!!! We have missed you on the Blog. I know that Scott and Becky will be thrilled to see you on here.

Team Nicaragua with a Abbington Village Home Group influence. One word.....GRRRRRRRREAT!!!


Would you guys be willing to do a fast in preparation for the big BBQ the Joellenbecks and our team from the church will be putting on? I have two signed up, Brandi and myself. This could be a awesome opportunity for Scott, Becky and Trevor to reach out to the community there and will definately be something of eternal significance.


I think we have it! You guys (and gals) are awesome!!! We have had a response from everyone and just as I suspected... you all are awesome, and you know how to show the love of Jesus.


Joel
Barb
Brandi
Brandy
Teri
Megan
Gina
Dennis
Craig

We have 10 bottles purchased (maybe more). As I stated before I am in contact with the church to let them know that we will be more than happy to provide another items if need be. Thank you all again for your support of what the Lord is doing. You may think this is something "little" or that it has know real impact but I bet the Joellenbecks will think differently.