Wednesday, October 25, 2006

"I love you" was written on the blackboard.



Last night, Bob and I watched a Kurdish movie called Blackboards. The movie itself was simple enough, you can read about it here if you'd like. But that's not why I'm writing. I mentioned to Brandy last night that during our time of praying and fasting last week, I felt like God was showing me that I am not praying enough for these three things: 1) Bob and I, 2) our crew and 3) our people and Iraq. Last night during the movie, at the very end, there was a scene where the people were coming out of the mountains, from Iran into Iraq (returning home after being driven out because of Saddam's chemical attacks), and I was again reminded of how I KNOW that these are my people, and how last week's confirmation must so be true. I've shared this before, but here's part of the vision God showed me back that scene in the movie last night, I sobbed just a little, then quickly wiped the tears away, just knowing that this thing is for real.

*sigh* How beautiful that God lets us be a part of this with him.

And I felt like God spoke to me and said, "THESE are my people, and someday they will be your people, too."

What I saw next was thousands of dark skinned Muslims, a "people" sort of, but they were a country, too, because some of them carried a flag (only I could tell that they WEREN’T a country somehow…it didn’t make complete sense then)....not all necessarily dressed in the traditional Muslim garb, at the base of a green/grey mountain, tired and ragged from being sent their separate ways, and they were starting to come back together from all different directions. At the top of the mountain was Jesus, dressed in a brilliant white robe and gold sash, and as he came down the mountain towards them, he extended him arms towards them and when he did, he drew them closer and closer together. The closer he came down the mountain, the tighter they came together as a people. Then, he said, "You've heard it said, "When my mother and father and forsake me, then the Lord will take me up." No longer will you be forsaken. I will be your Father and you will never again be alone."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's powerful!

rdmeeker said...

Stanley! Good to see you're around. You should see this movie. We also watched "Turtles Can Fly." It's Kurdish and really fantastic. But, it's a little dark. Very sad, very Kurdish.