Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Prayer for the 1st Day

Today is the 24th day of Ramadan. The following is from the Mafatih Al Jinan, a Shia prayer almanac. Enjoy


O God I beseech you to make me do that which pleases you in this month. I take refuge with you from that for which you may treat me with contempt. I beseech you to arrange my life in such a manner that I obey you and never break or tamper with your laws, O He who liberally gives abundantly to the beseechers.


Here are some more interesting excerpts on the month of Ramadan:
  • O you who believe! Fasting is prescribed for you, even as it was prescribed for those before you, that you may ward off evil
  • And men who fast and women who fast...Allah has prepared for them forgiveness and a vast reward
  • In this month you are guests of Allah, enjoying His hospitality, you are from among His favorites, your breathing is "Praise Allah," your sleep is His worship, your prayers receive His approval, your invocations are sanctioned.
  • He who does not receive mercy and forgiveness in this month is really an ill-fated unfortunate, condemned to everlasting unhappiness and deprivation.

No comments: