Thursday, April 27, 2006

Time to rally the prayer team...

Group,


As I was praying yesterday afternoon I recalled a time a few weeks back where I really felt that our little community was going to face a time of trials and where the world was going to come against us. This feeling has been a persistent one for a long time now and I think we are seeing the evidence of that continue to grow. I don't want to be an alarmist or to make a mountain out of a mole hill but.... the evidence is there. In order for our community to thrive we must be willing to weather these storms together and fight the urge to turn inward. I know personally I am fighting that urge. There is a lot of personal hardships that have hit numerous people in this fellowship and a lot of doubt has crept in. Please do not get me wrong. This is a very strong community and nothing is crumbling or falling apart. But I get a overwhelming sense that NOW is the time to pray. Now is the time to come along side each other and say I am here with you in this!!!


There is a lot of changes that are in store for our group. A lot of things that the enemy doesn't want to see happen. There are tremendously strong Christians within this group and the enemy would like nothing better then to drive us apart. People are dealing with a lot of issues right now and are hurting. This group IS the body of Christ. I see many people in this group praying at work and praying for others at thier work, I see missionaries in two countries taking ground from Satan, I see people stepping outside thier comfort zones and being obedient to what God has called them to do. This group of believers are the body of Christ! So as the body I am asking that you would post a prayer on this Blog for the group, for a individual or however you feel led. Speak from your heart, encourage one another as you yourself have been encouraged.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lord you are ausome! Lord you knew this was going to happen and you prepared Craig for this time of trouble. I thank-you for that. I thank-you for this group of people that I have come to know and love. I know that you will be with us through the tough times ahead. Lord some of us are haveing things happen in our lives that we don't understand why they are happing. I ask that you will not only be there for us but make us know and feel that you are so we will not feel alone in whatever situation we are in. Lord this community that you have helped us too build I ask that you help it grow stronger with us all-ways remembering that you were the one that made it as strong as it is. Lord I love you and all these things I ask in your name AMEN

Tammy said...

Lord, I ask that you bless these people as they do the work you have called them to. I ask that for those that are hurting in the group, that they continue to feel your love and strength wrapped around them and shield them from the enemy. Lord, I also pray you give them the peace and the comfort that only you can provide. I ask this in your glorious name-Amen

Craig said...

Father, I want to praise you for who you are. I want to thank you for this community of believers who you have brought together. I thank you that they are so willing to not be just members of a church together but want to share in the lives of those they are in community with. Thank you for each and everyone of the people in this group. We are able to laugh together and to cry together and to live as the body of Christ. Father I ask that you strengthen the bonds of this group, help us to be the body that you would have us to be. Teach us your ways, that we may help to carry the burdens of those in the community. Help us to reach out to all in need and I pray that no one in the community would ever feel like they are walking this road alone. Let us always keep you dear Jesus as our model for building community, that we will never be to proud or to busy to reach out to those in need. Even those who seem unlovable, especially those who seem unlovable!

Father I pray for those who are hurting or scared or are doubting right now. I pray that you would come to them in such a intimate way that there would be no doubt that it is you speaking to them. Father I just ask that they would feel your loving arms around them the same way as I feel you with me right now. God my only desire and my only hope is that you would take the lead in this group, that you would show yourself in a new and refreashing way. I ask that you would help me to decrease so that you may increase. Father I take a step back and I ask you to take over. The trials and temptations that this group is facing are meant for evil but I know that you will turn that into good. I know that you are for this group and if you are for this group then who can be against it. I offer this group and I offer myself as a living sacrifice to you. Use us! Send us! Wherever and whenever you choose!