Monday, April 03, 2006

Where is everyone???

I see my post on 1 Samuel 16:7 went over very well. I don't know how I will ever digest everything written. Ok, I see participation has waned over the last month or two and I am putting out an official call to all members!!! I would like to see a post or comment on here from everyone telling the group how life is going for them. How the 40 days of Mercy have gone or any stories of encouragement you might have. Basically I just want you to let everyone else know how we can be praying/supporting you in your walk.


On a personal note. I have had to move out of my apartment and my number is no longer valid.My new number is 614-235-8973 and my new address is 4475 Broadhurst Dr. Whitehal, Oh 43213. I have a cell phone number but it is a pay as you go (614-599-0673). My story is that I know without a doubt that everything I have been going thru the last 8 months is serving a greater purpose. Including having to move out of my apartment and back into my Dads house rooming with my brother. (My Dad doesn't stay here, just my brother). I hope to have some news on my next step towards my calling this summer. I have to believe that the changes my life is going thru is working toward that goal.

I will go for now back I hope that EVERYONE will respond to this post. This is a great way to stay connected to the community. See you all on Wednesday, please keep thinking about Mercy and how God has been merciful to you and bring any stories of how you have shown mercy to others and be prepared to share to the group.

6 comments:

Angie said...

I was just telling Brandi Meeker yesterday how ornery you're getting lately Craig... this post is just further proof of it.

Well, I was telling Craig, Cristi and Brandy on the way into Frisch's on Saturday night just how CRAZY life is at this moment. You know in LOTR, when Sam and Frodo are talking and Sam says to Frodo, "I wonder what sort of tale we've fallen into?" Yeah, that's what I feel like...like I'm just realizing that God is setting me in all sorts of ways and I have stumbled into chapter 15 of a grand adventure. You know the verse in 2 Cor 2v 9 (and the following verses which are AWESOME) which says:

No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him" 10but God has revealed it to us by his Spirit...

That's pretty much how I feel right now, too. Like as much as I thought I knew about what God has revealed to me about my life (which is actually detailed in some places)...the REALIZATION of those things happening is nothing I could have prepared for.

GASP! I'm hearing an echo of a sentiment someone else told me recently, in a different context. Even with all that God shares with us about what he's going to do in our lives, if he were to share ALL the details, or if he required us to "study up" on those details of what he'd asked us to be a part of before He carried it out, it would change everything in our relationship with Him...actually EXPERIENCING the callings, the LIFE that happens along the way as it happens - I think that's part of what "no eye has seen, ear has hear, no mind has concieved..." God has stuff prepared for us that's so far beyond what he could tell us about...even if he COULD or WOULD fill us in on some of the details. It's all part of the mystery of who He is. It's why He gets to be Him, and we get to be us.

*Sigh* Lesson for the month for Angie. *Sigh* Stop asking questions or you'll ruin everything. Love, GOD. ;-)

Craig said...

Scott we will keep a open seat for you all. I am excited that you are coming here. Do you know how long you will be here and when you will be arriving?



Thanks Angie, Scott and Megan for sharing a little about what is going on in your worlds. I personally find it very helpful to know how everyone is doing and what they are dealing with. It helps me pray with more direction and more specifically for people. If anyone else is reading this and hasn't posted I would love to hear from you. It doesn't have to be some big revelation or huge insight just a "this is how I am doing" or "this is what is going on in my world". We just want to stay connected to everyone as much as we can. I am hoping that ALL members will post something, anything on here to help us build community and strengthen relationships.

Anonymous said...

I feel bussy,tired,overwoked and shopedout. Well thats just too bad because now I have too shop for a refrigeerator the frezer is going out on the one we just bought. On the upside I just had an easter egg hunt with my kids that was a blast! well I have to go now I will tell more later.

Angie said...

"It doesn't have to be some big revelation or huge insight just a "this is how I am doing" or "this is what is going on in my world"."

Well. In that case, I've been munching on some honey wheat thins this morning and afternoon. They're great - one of my favorite snacks, really. They might replace strawberry pop tarts this spring as my new fav. meal, though I must say, I've actually cooked at home a few times this week, and I've forgotten how much I like it. AND, it's strawberry season again. YUM. There's really no better snack in the world than sugared strawberries. I told you guys - if I DID drink, I'd be a sucker for a strawberry drink, right? Strawberry anything and I'd be a goner... Now if they made a strawberry wheat thin!? :-)

Actually...that sounds disgusting, doesn't it?

Craig said...

Well I was hoping for a little more substance but what can I expect. (Just kidding) Yes that is a little disgusting.


Brandy did you have a warranty on the one you just bought? Or did you buy it off of someone personally.

Anonymous said...

We had a warranty and now the one we bought looks too big too be in our kitchen. Oh well it works. Thanks for asking!